Today I'm feeling two very distinct kinds of heat (and I truly need a pardon from the nasty cliche I'm going to make).
First of all, it's close to 90 outside which is WAY to hot for me. I basically start to swelter at 83, so this is really not enjoyable for me. Best part? It's going to last for at least the next 4 or 5 days. So not excited.
I'm also feeling "heat" from my grandmother. She keeps telling me that I don't spend time with her at all. The thing is, it's depressing. She's in pain all the time ... literally. So, she winds up spending like half of her life sleeping. When I try to talk to her she's grouchy because she's in pain so then we end up fighting anyway. I'm also 25 ... I have friends and I want to do things with them.
Most of my friends are leaving to go back to school in the next 2 weeks, so I'm trying to spend time with them before a 3 month absence. I'm not 12 anymore ... I want to go out and spend time with people my own age. I feel really bad for making my Nana feel neglected but it's hard to strike a balance. I basically run our house and literally take care of her. Sometimes I need to get away from that. I definitely could spend more time with her, but when I try she nags at me.
It's just a really tough thing to go through ....
No comments:
Post a Comment