Friday, July 3, 2009

Boston

So, almost two weeks ago Coty, Madi, and I set out on an adventure to visit Aimee in Boston. It began at midnight on Monday, June 20. Coty and I waited - not so patiently - at my house while Madi worked at Target. She got out around 11, which meant that Coty and I watched a movie, watched some youtube, and read until she arrived at my house. We had the car all packed, and as soon as Madi got to my place, we left.

We spent the next 4 hours in my car listening to brand new mix cds, talking, and losing our minds. At least, I lost mine. At one point, Coty sat back so I lost him in my periphial vision, and I said, "Whoa! Where did you go?" This was a joke for the next three days ... what can I say? It was waaaaaaaay past my bedtime. Anyway, we arrived in Boston at around 3:30, and were a tinsy bit lost. So, VZ Navigator came to the rescue ... for $2.99, my cell phone became a temporary GPS, guiding us to the most perfect street parking near Aimee's building. We thought it might have been too good to be true, but our inspection of the spot, and the hour, prompted us to leave Lucy (my car) right where she was. We walked into Aimee's apartment at 4, and went to bed.

A short 7 hours later, we were all up, showered, and out the door on our way to the aquarium. Our first stop was Durggin Park, where the waitress was rude. She came to our table with one check, so I asked if she could split it. She did so, only after rolling her eyes and asking us to recount which items belonged to whom. When she came back with the 4 seperate checks she snipply said, "You should always tell your waitress to seperate ahead of time." It was odd, because generally wait staff ask me if I want one check. Whatever.

Our next stop was the Boston Aquarium. There were seals, penguins, and a huge tank of fish. Here are some photos ...








After we finished watching fish, we went to Starbucks and discussed our next options. We decided to go see Away We Go. Pretty good movie. While we waited to go into the theater, we imitated the ET poster




After the movie, we ate at The Upper Crust, and went back to Aimee's place. We had stopped at a bookstore earlier and I had purchased My Sister's Keeper, and both Madi and Coty also had books. We read for a while - at least they did, I passed out pretty fast.

The next day, Aimee had to work so Madi, Coty, and I were left to our own devices. We had lunch with a friend of Madi's, then just tooled around Boston. We went to two different bookstores and pulled our novels off the shelf to continue our reading. Since Madi had finished hers, she began reading Are you there vodka? It's me Chelsea. She got half way through that book, and laughed several times, so I assume it was pretty good. We spent some time at the Apple Store on Boylston Street. Played with iPhones and MacBook Pros. Very fun. We also went to H&M where Coty tried a new look ...


When we left H&M, we went to the second bookstore, read, and then went to get Aimee. We ate at the Cheescake Factory. Back at Aimee's Coty read to us for a while from The Shining. We got up bright and early the next morning to head home, and that was our visit to Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment