Tuesday, October 6, 2009

At the Start

Ok. I was on facebook a few mornings ago, and posted a status about wanting to be more active. Got some supportive feedback, and have decided I'm really going to do it. I'm not unhealthy, but I'm definitely not in "good" shape. I'm aware of myself, and am at a point where I seriously need to do something. I've tried before, but it never works because it's just me trying to push myself. I start out with great plans, but can make excuses to myself and soon stop whatever it was I began doing.

Now, my very fabulous, most favorite teacher has offered some advice and to be my person (the one to whom I'm accountable). When we had our "biggest loser" thing at church this summer, it pushed me because I was reporting to someone. This is what I just wrote to Mrs. M:

Ok. You are my person, and I shall be eternally grateful. I feel like it's easy to make excuses to myself about why I can't find time for something, so here's my plan at this moment:

I'm going to poke around and figure out WHAT I want to do (run, swim, walk, whatever). Then, I'm going to figure out a goal for myself. Something manageable, but that will force me to push myself. Then, I'll make a concrete plan. I'm giving myself until Monday to get this done. Then I'll be back here, telling you what I decided. Ok?

It's already helping me to have someone to "report" to (and that's only for lack of a better term). Keeps me in line, and on track. A million, billion thanks!


And here it goes ....

No comments:

Post a Comment