Friday, October 16, 2009

A hitch in the plan ...

Ok, so I did the run/walk thing today and I'm in pain. I think it's good pain, but it's pain and my tolerance is low. My arms hurt and my legs do too. I can feel the muscles everywhere, which means that something is happening and it's probably good. However, the sensation of achy all over isn't fun.

I just read an article on webmd about muscle soreness after working out and it suggested letting sore muscles rest for a day or two before working them again. I'm supposed to do the run/walk thing again tomorrow, but I think I might either walk for 30 minutes or bike or do a combo of those.

I'm not in horrible shape, but I can't be achy all the time, either. I'm determined to stick with this - I can feel my muscles which means that what I'm doing is working them and thus working. I'm never going to be skinny, and I'm fine with that. However, I don't want to be this big forever. I want to be healthier, and I have to keep reminding myself of that goal, because it's the most important one.

No comments:

Post a Comment